Choice of materials and characteristics
Materials available for cabinets, shelves and counters
Wood cabinets come in several options: solid wood, wood veneer, and MDF cabinets. Wood cabinets offer a timeless aesthetic and can adapt to several styles. They are available in different species, as well as a variety of finishes, to match various decors, including lacquer and stain.
Melamine cabinets offer an alternative that is often more economical than other materials used for cabinets. Their smooth surface allows for a variety of finishes, solid color or with a wood grain finish. Melamine therefore offers a wide range of options to suit different styles and is often combined with other materials.
Polymer, or thermoplastic, cabinets provide a smooth, durable, moisture-resistant surface. The polymer’s ability to mold to various shapes makes it a preferred material for cabinet doors. It allows aesthetic creativity while ensuring remarkable shock resistance and ease of maintenance.
Polyester cabinets provide exceptional durability. Their smooth, uniform surface is not only easy to maintain but also offers a modern, shiny aesthetic. Increasingly popular, polyester, with its many finishes and the quality of the film, often offers stain-resistant quality and a soft, velvety feel to the touch.
Choosing the material for your counter
There are several options for kitchen and bathroom countertops. Here is an overview of the different types of materials available:
- Granite: Granite is known for its durability, scratch resistance and variety of unique natural patterns. It offers a robust surface, ideal for intensive use.
- Quartz: Quartz is a composite material, resistant to scratches and stains. It offers a wide variety of colors and patterns, while being easy to maintain.
- Porcelain: Porcelain is the product of the future for countertops. It stands out for its ultra-thin appearance, its heat resistance and is maintenance-free. We offer, among others, Neolith and Dekton porcelain.
- Marble: Marble brings an elegant and timeless aesthetic to the kitchen or any other room. Although it is beautiful, it requires regular maintenance to avoid stains and scratches because it is more porous.
- Wood: Wood countertops offer natural warmth and charm. They can be sanded and refinished to extend their life, but require regular maintenance to prevent water and heat damage.
- Acrylic: Acrylic surfaces offer a wide variety of colors and a consistent appearance. They are resistant to stains and bacteria. Acrylic countertops can be susceptible to scratches, but are often repairable.
- Laminate: Laminate offers a variety of patterns and colors at an affordable price. Stain resistant and easy to maintain, it is also available in finishes that mimic other premium materials, providing a cost-effective aesthetic option for kitchens. However, it may be susceptible to scratches and heat damage.
Each material has unique benefits, so it’s essential to consider durability, aesthetics and maintenance before choosing the perfect countertop for your kitchen.
Accessories and decorative hardware
We offer a wide selection of accessories and decorative hardware for optimal use of space and a style that reflects your image. Among these:
- Cabinet Handle Selections
- Hinges and slides of all types (soft close, vertical opening, toe-kick drawer slides and more)
- Storage systems for cabinets (spices, magic corner, sliding drawers, trash can, recycling and compost bin, we have it all you need to effectively organize your cabinets)
- And more!